Thursday, November 30, 2017

day 24: light

i took a step of faith today, a step out of my comfort zone and went to a small group. 

it was . . . good. to be amongst believers, to share, to pray, to encourage and challenge, I can't believe I never went to a small group in college. but it's okay, I'm here now.

-

In Him was life, and the life was the light of men. The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it.

dark is a natural state, in the same way out human nature is where the flesh finds its comfort. it focuses on the self and looks within to find only darkness.

light is active. you don't 'turn on' darkness to remove it, but you turn on the light to drive the darkness away. and in this light we see the things that were in the dark.

the light shines on the things of my life and casts shadows for me to hide in. the light is not meant to judge what it shines on, but only reveals it for what it truly is. 

light is truth and God has revealed the truth through His light and now this light shines on this heart, revealing what was once hidden but now stands before Him to be surrendered. 

be not a candle Lord but a floodlight.

No comments: