Saturday, November 18, 2017

day 12: pretend

"the three personal God, so to speak, sees before Him in fact a self-centered, greedy, grumbling, rebellious human being. But He says 'let us pretend that this is not a mere creature, but our Son."

"God looks at you as if you were a little Christ: Christ stands beside you to turn you into one."

I'm still working on this surrendering thing. it's funny how people always say they're trying to surrender like it's a simple activity that they decide to do in a split moment. surrender is literally to give up, stop resisting, and give in. who ever wants to consciously accept that they lose?

truth is, I didn't surrender by choice: I surrendered because I am overwhelmed. God has struck down my idols and wiped out my cities while I tried to stop Him from destroying everything I've built up.

then He finally reaches me,

but instead of grabbing me by the throat and ending the life of a sinful man, He embraces and tells me, "finally."

Ive learned through this whole surrender process that the more I let go the more I let God fill in the blanks. and there is so much more to give up still.

and I can't understand. how can God know exactly who I am and call me a Son? how can he know how broken and useless I am and still choose to want me and look at me as if I was already something more than nothing?

yet, I have been forgiven. and I have been loved.


truly, truly, truly, grace is a gift.


No comments: