Monday, November 20, 2017

day 14: cost

"the only help I will give is help to become perfect. you may want something less: but I will give you nothing less."

slowly I am realizing.

that although perfection is so far from me, He intends to get me as close as possible.

I just wanted His help in tiny slivers of my life. I asked for rain to quench my desires but instead He sent a flood and completely and violently swept them away.

how could I ever ask of God to limit his power for my sake? why would God give only a portion when he longs to pour out everything?

with the same furious heart that desires my heart, God will remove everything that does not work for His glory.

the renovating house. one day a palace for my king. God you have stripped me down to the foundation, but this too will be dug out and swept into the sea. we can go deeper God.

No comments: