Thursday, December 14, 2017

day 38: be loved, beloved.

This is how we know that we belong to the truth and how we set our hearts at rest in his presence: If our hearts condemn us, we know that God is greater than our hearts, and he knows everything.
1 John 3:19‭-‬20

beloved is what He calls me.

it's a name I don't understand and sometimes I reject because I don't believe it. it's a feeling so foreign to me that my first reaction to it is to push it away.

be loved, beloved.

I know what God's love is. actually maybe not. well hmmmmmm. okay I know God's love but not the full, complete portion of it.

be loved, beloved.

just like grace, his love is not a response to an action, but it is the beginning. love is the spring that did not need to be dug, but sprung up from the ground because of nothing else besides 'thats just what happens.'

be loved, beloved.

this is starting over. this is knowing His love by being loved. I'm going through growing pains again but how exciting is it to learn again.

No comments: