Tuesday, December 12, 2017

day 36: renew

For this very reason, make every effort to supplement your faith with virtue, and virtue with knowledge, and knowledge with self-control, and self-control with steadfastness, and steadfastness with godliness, and godliness with brotherly affection, and brotherly affection with love.
2 Peter 1:5‭-7

Lord do not let this fire go out.

You sent to me a wildfire and torched all that needed to be taken away and now all I have is an ember of that.

I probably would have just stepped on it and let it finally pass, but God I want more. breathe into this glow and use me as its kindle and bring your holy blaze once again for there is still so much to be done.

Im still stumbling; I really, desperately want to learn self control. to restrain the tongue. to let my words only glorify you and reveal your truth but man, I'm  starting to think that maybe you're trying to teach me patience first?

waiting waiting waiting
waiting waiting waiting

sigh, on your time then.

one day Ill truly be doing this joyfully.

No comments: