Monday, August 25, 2008

Act Finale

Enter : Mom, Nephew, Pastor. Mom brings mirror in request of the patient.

Mom : Oh my God. -Cries-

Dad : Go say something

Nephew : What am I supposed to say?

Dad : Just say you're here, she wanted to see you yesterday, Tell her to have a good sleep-Tear

Nephew : Aunt? I'm here. Sleep well

Patient : -Tears-

Mom : Look! Look! I brought the mirror. They even trimmed your eyebrows.

Doctor : We need to give her more medication.

Dad : Give us a moment please. Sister, do you want medication?

Patient : -Shakes Head-

Sister : ...She's crying. Don't cry, big sister is here.

Friend : Hey hey... remember me?

Patient : -Nod- -Drifts to sleep-

Sister : No no! Don't sleep yet, you're not ready to go.

Pastor : May I please pray for her?

-Prayer-

Grandma : I'm sorry for letting you become this.

Sister : This isn't your fault. It's no one's fault.

Dad : Hold on, she's trying to spell out something. -Holds out his hand-

-Patient traces out letters on hand-

Dad : I can't ... understand.

Sister : Again, try again.

-Patient traces out letters on hand-

Dad : Throat ... she wants her breathing tube removed from her throat.

Sister : You can't have it removed. You wont be able to breathe.

-Patient cries-

Sister : It's for the best. -Wipes tear- If the tube is gone, you are going to meet the Father. You don't want to meet Him yet right?

-Patient cries-

Doctor : I just want to tell you we support the Patient's decisions.

Dad : Then we'll make one right now. Sister, do you want to leave for heaven? Or keep living.

-Patient traces out : Live-

Doctor to Dad : You're only making her suffer.

Dad : We do what she wants.

Doctor : Fine. Do you want us to still give her antibiotics, vitamins? It would mean we would have to put another tube in her body.

Dad : No...no more. I think she just wants to be comfortable.

Doctor : Very well -Leaves-.

-1 Hour later-

Friend : I'm your friend right? Do you love me?

-Patient nods and cries and points to tube lodged in mouth-

Friend : Just wait. Everything ... will be alright.

Mom : Grandma, let's leave.

Grandma : I'm not leaving til I see God pick her up from her bed.

Sister : I don't want you to see her die.

Grandma : I gave birth to her, so I deserve to see my child go.

Sister : Don't worry... Big Sister will take care of her...

-All exit except Sister and Friend-

No comments: