Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Philosophy

I live life unhindered by social standards and the opinion of others. The only thing that matters in my life is what I believe.

However, there are very basic ground rules in which I genuinely try to live by.

1)Humble
To think that you are better than anyone else is enough reason for there to be people that hate you. I've learned that in my life, God is a baker; and he loves to bake humble pies. If you cannot humble yourself, God will humiliate you for you. There is a fine line between confidence and pride, confidence is "I can do it", while pride is "I can do it, better than you". Whenever you talk about yourself, leave it to yourself.

2)Slava Bogue
When I went to Ukraine, there is only one phrase that sticks to this day, that is, "slava bogue". It means glory to God. This is something I repeat daily, to remind myself, this is not my life, rather, it is a medium in which the good news can be proclaimed. If I am to live by this, it means that every thing I do, every word I speak, must contribute to the kingdom. Does anyone force me to do this? No. This is something I've set as goals, and the reward I get is something I can understand.

I will consider whatever you say, but there is a slim chance I will listen. Over my life, through trial-and-error, I know what's best for myself. This does not mean I ignore you, but it is very hard to change who I am, unless you are someone I hold high respect for, because then I can trust you.

Overall, stay positive, because negativity is too much of a hassle to deal with.

No comments: