Tuesday, June 19, 2018

to a ______,

hopefully one day you will read this and one day-
-

He has made everything beautiful in its time.

Also, he has put eternity into man's heart,

yet so that he cannot find out

what God has done from the beginning to the end.

-

there is a birds nest in my backyard, on top of a step ladder, under the lemon tree. inside this nest, there are two small eggs.

I don't know when they were laid, nor will I know when they will hatch, nor will I know when they will fly away; but I do know that all these things will happen.

I check on these eggs whenever I can, making sure that the mama bird isnt keeping them warm, because I just want to see them. whenever I look at them I get so warm inside knowing that one day these still, fragile eggs will one day be birds.

so I check on these eggs, knowing that today, they probably are still little eggs, but even the eggs themselves are so nice to look at. but even more so, the very thought of coming to this nest one day and not seeing eggs, but birds, alive and chirping, nestled inside a humble twig home is just so

so

beautiful.

but,

you are not a bird.

you are not an egg.

you are an amazingly complicated, incredibly unique and wonderfully crafted human being, experiencing and enduring the confusing and sometimes painful mystery of God's plan that has been given to you because of His great love and delight for you, for now and forever.

the funny and frustrating thing about forever is that there aren't really any checkpoints or reference points to anchor to, there is just an infinite expanse. that can be scary and at times too much of a burden, but within this infinite expanse, there is an infinite God, who has promised you something in the context of forever: not to put something beautiful in your life, but to make your life itself beautiful.

more beautiful than you already are, and more beautiful than you think you can possible be, a beauty that follows forever in the footsteps of an infinite Creator; the author of you, His masterpiece.

I know that you are sick of me asking if you are still an egg, but I can't help it because

a) you are not an egg I can just look at and say, yes this is still an egg, and

b) I'm just so excited.

excited to see you one day feeling more than just okay, more than just happy, more than just joyful, but one day knowing that God has finally finished with your circumstances and is ready to let you come out of the shell and fly.

I don't know when that'll be, and neither will you, but you will get there,

and it will have been worth the time.

No comments: