Monday, October 2, 2017

when jesus music finally starts to make you feel again

god you have heard me and you are working in me

thank you

==================================================

there are some things that are just

out of my control :

what the future holds for me

how others perceive me

how others treat me

why my hands sweat so much

what you are giving me

and what you are holding back

\

i was so focused on trying to control these factors that i ended up hurting myself

and forgetting what i do control:

my attitude

my worship

my surrender

my words

my gratitude

/

no more complaining out loud

no more unhindered vulnerability

no more visible weakness.

you are strong

you are smart

you are loved.

even if you do not feel these things

fake it til you make it

what else are you going to do?

=

thank you for the constant annoying encouragement and a glimpse of hope

thank you for the tough love and the wake up call

thank you for saying i complain too much and straight up ignored my prayer request (love you guys, but also screw you guys)

god is moving; and the struggle bus moves on.

~

and now the poor stand and confess:
that my portion is Him
and I'm more than blessed.

No comments: