Friday, October 13, 2017

summer 2007

we painted like 3 walls that day.

vanessa noona's contact fell out and it was so tiny and she used spit to clean it i thought you werent supposed to do that.

for lunch i learned that goobers is a thing and its pretty much the greatest thing ever.

i fell asleep during service.

i think they thought i was praying so they all left me in the room.

i woke up and it was dim and there were only a few strangers still sitting

they were silently bowed, maybe even weeping.

i was going to leave because it was weird but then the band started playing.

i am not skilled to understand

then the kick comes in and the electric with a dirty strum and the bass starts rolling

what god has willed what god has planned

remember when you asked me to play bass and i said no because bass is dumb

i only know at his right hand

then james went on AIM to tell me to play bass so that he could play electric

stands one who is my savior

the cymbals start to ring and the kick gets a little stronger

that he would leave his place on high

remember how we used to try and untune each others guitars on stage while praying

and come for sinful man to die

then everyone left suddenly but the holy spirit was among us three

you count it strange so once did i

but constantly i am reminded of what i felt that night

before i knew my savior

that shiver, that sensation, that moment of guilt and conviction then glory and complete redemption

my savior loves, my savior lives
my saviors always there for me
my god he was my god he is
my god hes always gonna be

the very first time i met you and you revealed yourself and you told me who you were and then,

you stepped back up to your throne

and i couldnt see you. 

but i know youre still there

and i will break down every door and wall and bone in my body

to hear that song the same way i heard it in the warm summer of 2007.

Image may contain: 2 people
yung kevin.
remind me what it was like back then.


god is so good.

No comments: