Monday, January 7, 2019

12 days of thanks

day 9

my (current) job

I still remember the day I got hired.

sitting in the back seat of an ugly Mercedes passenger transit van, opening up my email after 2 weeks of no connection. it had been tough, thinking about how after missions the reality of being an unemployed graduate would be waiting for me after kingdom work.

but the Lord works in mysterious ways, and sometimes super obvious ways.

it's not that the pay is good, or the commute is good, or the work is easy, it was that feeling of being noticed, of being selected, of being wanted. a tiny fraction of what great love and favor God shows me.

work will not be my idol. I'm thankful God, not for the job in itself, but because of the faithfulness You have shown to a person so undeserving.

and here we are again, in a season of (maybe) new opportunity, but may my eyes remain on You alone.

No comments: