Tuesday, December 25, 2018

12 days of thanks

day 3

thankful for my dad

now it's not because he just gave me money for christmas, but really, i am so thankful.

when i was just a little boy, you taught me how to put lotion on my face every morning and we would do the song together and at the end we would rub our hands really fast.

warm memories.

you are a traditional korean dad, but you never hit me or made me feel bad about grades or school, you respect my space and my growth even though i am still immature, and yes, i still complain about you but i just complain because i am still just a boy. my complaints hold nothing to how well you have done to raise me.

these days it's hard, and there are times where it's hard to love you. but underneath the bitterness and struggling to come to terms with my emotions, what's buried at the center is my desire to honor you. none of us are perfect, but we can still try. you're still here, so i'm still here, and we are going to make the best of what time we have.

No comments: