Saturday, May 12, 2018

mornings and resonance

a woman came up to him with an alabaster flask of very expensive ointment, and she poured it on his head as he reclined at table. And when the disciples saw it, they were indignant, saying,

"Why this waste?

-

I have already decided

there is no turning back,

from surrender.

as much as my head and my heart longs to turn back to where I was just ok

where there were things easily given and taken

but things that one day Ill have to let go of to hold the hand that walks me home

these things,

careers, dogs, new life, cheap chinese food, guitars and drumsticks, puns and jokes, little letters in a box

although beautiful,

although safe in my alabaster jar,

I have already decided

to pour it out to You,

because I have decided

that Jesus,

you are more beautiful.

-

all of my hopes, all of my fears

all of my wants and all of my years

everything now, everything then,

all of my life I resolve

You are worthy of it all.


No comments: