Sunday, May 20, 2018

hands

my hands are ugly

overall, they're way too small.

my fingers are too short, and they're pretty chubby. James calls them Hobbit hands.

they have sparse hair on the segments and since my skin is pale, they show up even more.

on my left hand, there's a scar right in the middle where some guy who didn't cut his fingernails wrestled me in high school during a match and cut me. there's a mole at the first knuckle of my middle finger (reminder: see a dermatologist about that one) and two moles side to side near the wrist. two recent mosquito bites that I couldnt help but rip at scratch at and now they're just dark craters on my skin.

on my right hand, there's a scar on the last part of my middle finger, from when my hand accidentally hits the rim of a snare because I have bad technique. another two old mosquito bites, one near the middle and one at the wrist at the crease, dark and faded. then of course, a bright pink spot where my middle knuckle should be from when I burned my entire hand and face during Jonathan's BBQ and it fell out as I was running water over my hand.

when I stretch out my arms and stretch out my hands and look at them, they just don't look right to me.

hm.

but as I hold them out, You reach Your arms out and hold my hands in yours and you look at them and say:

I can use these hands.

well,

they're all Yours.


No comments: