Tuesday, November 19, 2019

known voice

spiritual warfare is a two way street. both sides move, and as the body is called to be a temple, I find myself as a battleground.

half the battle is knowing the plan: God speaks out His plan so plainly and so openly through His word and then the Spirit instructs me like a general.

but the enemy has plans as well, plans that come in code, plans that need to be deciphered. plans that can be countered and prepared beforehand with strategy and determination.

in this season, I know not the voice of my general, but I hone in on what the enemy is whispering. I amplify the noises, trying to do the opposite of what the flesh wants in order not to fall into the traps and temptations, but as I neglect and ignore the command of my superior, I have failed the task.

when all's said and done, I have defeated the enemy by out manuevering the ambushes, but victory is not mine. I look up and see that my company has left by the command of heaven and I am utterly lost.

I know the voice of my flesh, but not the voice of my shepherd. I will spend the rest of my life running for my life if I choose to live this way, unless I call out and plead for rescue.

summary: it's not about not doing what's wrong, it's about doing what's right.

No comments: