Tuesday, June 25, 2019

spurgeons rest: 1

O you who feel your unworthiness this morning, who have been seeking salvation earnestly, and suffering the weight of sin, Jesus will freely give to you what you cannot earn or purchase, he will give it as an act of his own free, rich, sovereign mercy; and he is prepared, if you come to him, to give it to you now, for so has he promised, 

"Come unto me, all ye that labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest."

no amount of work will ever cover my transgressions, and my weariness is a product of toiling on the soils of brokenness.

work is not meaningless, but I'm starting to understand that if I intend to dig out my sin with my own shovel, I'll just be tossing dirt over my shoulder but still in the same yard.

" come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden"

i labor for You, just not always for the right reasons. not always with the correct understanding.

No comments: