Saturday, September 15, 2018

before the foxes come

praise you, God.

although I stumble in my metaphors

although they may see me as the fool

how can I not praise You, the Lord God Almighty?

it is easy to praise Him when things go well, and they say that true worship will come during the times of suffering, but sing, little soul, sing out for now is a time for rejoicing. rejoice, and say again, rejoice

Lord You love us, and You lavish upon Your children the blessings from Your hand in abundance. we have gathered under one name, one spirit, one crucifixition. immerse us in Your love.

I have nothing of value to give to You. Nothing in me is worth all that You have given me. Incomparable, unmistakable, undeniable, Lord You have redeemed us as Your people. let me stand before you, empty, forever if needed, because I want nothing but You.

it's easy to praise when things go right, but I rebuke the shame and guilt in this time: my God is deserving of all the worship.

let them say what they want

let my flesh tell me how undeserving I am,

but may my tongue never cease in the confession that my God, my God, how worthy is He!

No comments: