Tuesday, July 9, 2019

spurgeon's rest: 3

"He has given you rest, but have you found the innermost rest which he works in your hearts? 

it is yours, for it is included in the one gift; but it is not yours enjoyed, understood, and triumphed in as yet unless you have found it, for the rest here meant is a rest after rest, a spiritual, experienced rest, which comes only to those who find it by experience."

Jesus has invited me into the presence of God, into the throne room, but now do I wait with my shoes on in the outskirts or do I lay myself down and press into Him? 

rest after rest, it's not that rest has been unattainable, it's just that I haven't dug deep enough. to take off a yoke that has done nothing good for me and to accept His yoke which is light and to work for something worthwhile. rest. then to work for my Master and He gives me peace. rest after rest. 

on the right track, keep going.

No comments: