Monday, November 26, 2018

Jesus please

I'm not used to this.

to look at myself and rip open my heart to look for what is broken. what is sinful, and to pull it out along with my shame and guilt. to present it up as the only offering I can present that does not disappear in my palm.

to stand before the Almighty to answer for my life in which I have no words, no excuses to give.

I am someone who should have received judgment because I am not many things: I am not ambitious nor righteous nor just, I am none of these things.

but I am a sinner.

but as sure as I know that I am a sinner, I know another thing to be just as true. that I  am not only a witness to the glory and majesty of Yahweh but I am a recipient of His love and mercy.

"But if Christ is in you, although the body is dead because of sin, the Spirit is life because of righteousness."

Lord, I know who I am. I know of the selfishness, the pride, the jealousy, the evil that even I cannot find the courage to type out.

cut me down, a tower of babel and the arrogance of the self, the tree I have grown of myself into the stump You desire to breathe life into.

and when You bloom me, let them see of the good You have sprung from what was once bad.

and be glorified.

No comments: